Senior Web Developer
Who we are...
goBalto is about re-imagining how study teams get clinical trials started and done. We’re building the modern way to work together; a fast and versatile web application that connects sponsors, CROs and sites with what’s going on, their shared priorities, and who owns each part of the effort.
We are software engineering, clinical operations, and thought leaders from companies like Amgen, Genentech, Quintiles, Roche, Johnson & Johnson,
CERN, McKinsey & Company, Intuit, Cisco WebEx, E*TRADE, Peoplesoft and Sun Microsystems. We are backed by Aberdare Ventures, Singapore EDBI,
Qualcomm Life Fund of Qualcomm Ventures, West Health Investment Fund, and an experienced team of advisors.
Why we’re here...
The clinical study startup process is awful. Existing tools used to track site activation tasks and documents are manual, bloated and complex. To take the next step in clinical study productivity, we need a fresh start. We created goBalto to help take that step; to improve the productivity of sponsors, CROs and sites, to ultimately get medicines to those in need faster.
what you'll do...
- Work with product management and the engineering team to build functionality in the goBalto Tracker application.
- Operate as a member of the goBalto agile development team.
- Pair program with other top notch engineers, developing across the full stack of functionality from database to front end.
- Build full stack automation tests to ensure that the shipped product is solid and reliable.
Skills you have…
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience at a Senior level with a full-stack web framework (Java, Spring, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to help fellow team engineer members with coding/scripting issues.
- Demonstrable expertise and recent experience with the following:
- Enterprise SaaS multi-tenant architectures (CRM, ERP)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Web Service Extensions (WS-*)
- Experience working and deploying on Linux systems (required)
- Familiarity with cloud based deployments.
- Database experience, preferably with PostgreSQL or a similar system.
Nice to have
- Exposure To Rails Ecosystem (Grails, Groovy, Scala, Erlang—nice to have)
- Familiarity with business process workflow tools, technology (BPM, BPEL)
- Not just another social app – we’re building a meaningful product with the potential to speed the delivery of new medicines to market.
- Agile bones – we promote an agile, test-driven engineering practice that emphasizes team collaboration through pair programming, daily standups, retrospectives, etc.
- Technology you’re already passionate about, and want to do more – we’re using the latest technologies (ruby, rspec, angular) to build solid, well-tested, and beautiful web applications, and challenge our engineers to learn and do more with them.
What’s in it for you…
- Become part of a team that is new, energized, and going places…fast.
- Grow and develop right along with goBalto.
- Earn a generous compensation package, including benefits from day 1.
- Medical, dental, vision care, commuter checks and a 401(k).
- Reap the fruits of stock options as a reward for your energy, contributions, and dedication.
- A PTO plan that starts accruing the moment you start.
- Work in the Financial District close to transportation, dining, wine, and shoe shine stands.
- And, the best part…the opportunity to catch a house set with in-house DJ Robyn, during our Casual Hour Fridays.
Interested? Send your CV or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. No inquiries from recruiters, or phone calls, please.