Junior DevOps Engineer (San Francisco)
Who we are...
goBalto is about re-imagining how study teams get clinical trials started and done. We’re building the modern way to work together; a fast and versatile web application that connects sponsors, CROs and sites with what’s going on, their shared priorities, and who owns each part of the effort.
We are software engineering, clinical operations, and thought leaders from companies like Amgen, Genentech, Quintiles, Roche, Johnson & Johnson,
CERN, McKinsey & Company, Intuit, Cisco WebEx, E*TRADE, Peoplesoft and Sun Microsystems. We are backed by Aberdare Ventures, Singapore EDBI,
Qualcomm Life Fund of Qualcomm Ventures, West Health Investment Fund, and an experienced team of advisors.
Why we’re here...
The clinical study startup process is awful. Existing tools used to track site activation tasks and documents are manual, bloated and complex. To take the next step in clinical study productivity, we need a fresh start. We created goBalto to help take that step; to improve the productivity of sponsors, CROs and sites, to ultimately get medicines to those in need faster.
The Junior DevOps Engineer will be part of goBalto’s DevOps Team. As part of an agile development team you’ll assist with and participate in building, automating, and managing the infrastructure for goBalto, an enterprise software company focused on creating solutions used by some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. You’ll be responsible for providing both your systems expertise and coding skills to support the architecture, automation, deployment, and monitoring of our cloud solutions and services. The perfect candidate for this role is someone who has been part of a software engineering team and wants to move into the world of DevOps. You’ll be trained in a real enterprise production environment to develop you into being able to own your systems and be autonomous. You’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves and be ready to learn. This position reports directly to the Lead DevOps Engineer.
What you’ll do…
- Provide ongoing maintenance of production infrastructure and services.
- Assist with ongoing administration of cloud instances, services, and system layers.
- Participate in implementing tools to proactively monitor systems, applications, and service.
- Provide insight and input into the development process.
Skills you have…
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to articulate ideas and solutions successfully to customers, and technical and non-technical business groups.
- Demonstrable expertise and recent experience with high availability architectures, as well as the following:
- o At least 1 year experience in software engineering.
- o Server configuration management (Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, or other SCM systems) experience preferred but not required.
- Release automation experience. You have experience with build flows for complex, distributed systems, and value automated build pipelines.
- o CI/CIT/CD – continuous integration, continuous integration testing, and continuous deployment experience preferred but not required.
- Comfortable with Git and GitHub.
- o Familiar with *nix troubleshooting and debugging.
- Previous experience with software development in at least one programming language (e.g., Ruby, Python, Java). This is required.
- o Familiar with PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- o Experience with modern web frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django, Node.js).
- o Exposure to cloud-based hosting (Rackspace, AWS).
- o Willingness and eagerness to learn DevOps best practices.
What’s in it for you…
- Become part of a team that is new, energized, and going places…fast.
- Grow and develop right along with goBalto.
- Earn a generous compensation package, including benefits from day 1.
- Medical, dental, vision care, commuter checks, FSA, and a 401(k).
- Reap the fruits of stock options as a reward for your energy, contributions, and dedication.
- A PTO plan that starts accruing the moment you start.
- Work in the Financial District close to transportation, dining, wine, and shoe shine stands.
- And, the best part…the opportunity to catch a house set with in-house DJ Robyn, during our Casual Hour Fridays.
Interested? Send your CV or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com
Principals only. No inquiries from recruiters, or phone calls, please.